The 11 volunteer members of the Board of Directors are responsible for overseeing the financial and operational performance of the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries Association (CMBCLA).
Qualifications: Board members must be members of CMCLA, and must be willing to devote time and effort to Board responsibilities, including fundraising efforts, attendance at library events, and cultivating community contacts. Prospective board members are strongly encouraged to attend a monthly board meeting as an audience member in advance of applying for a board position.
Commitment: Three-year term, with openings usually occur in the early fall and elections at the Annual Meeting in October. Board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month at Cedar Mill Library and are open to the public.
Board member responsibilities include
- establishing policies, guidelines and limits
- developing long-range plans
- maintaining a sound financial base and legal accountability for the Association
- financial contributions to the library within personal capabilities
- acting as an ambassador for the library, building relationships with family, social, business and community contacts
Applications to join the CMBCLA Board of Directors are due by September 1st.
To get started: