Teen Library Council
What it is:
Established in 2009, the teen library council offers teens in grades 6–12 the opportunity to have input in the way the library serves teens. The council meets the second Monday of every month from 5 PM to 6:30 p.m during the school year. We meet at both the Cedar Mill and Bethany Libraries, rotating from month to month. Meeting attendance and participation in events are mandatory.
What TLC members do:
- Plan, promote, and help out with teen library programs.
- Attend monthly TLC meetings
- Recommend books, movies, music & video games to library staff.
- Recommend teen collections to the public with displays, book reviews, podcasts and social media posts.
- Promote the library to their peers in person, on social media, with videos and through outreach.
- Help judge art contests.