Donations are accepted at both library locations for use in library collections or in book sales that benefit the libraries. Due to staffing, donations are not accepted on Sundays.
We Accept New or Gently Used:
- Books – fiction & nonfiction
- Audio Books
- Video Games
- Board Games with all pieces
- Donations accepted anytime library is open.
- Donation receipts available for tax purposes.
- Donations subject to approval.
- Book sale coordinator will determine the best use of items. Donated materials may be placed in circulation or sold to raise money for library operations.
- Due to space limitations, please call our book sale coordinator at EXT. 116 if you have a large quantity to donate.
We Cannot Accept:
- Damaged, torn, soiled or mildewed items
- Books with writing, highlighting or underlining
- Travel guides older than two (2) years
- Textbooks older than five (5) years
- Encyclopedias or yearbooks
- Computer and programming manuals
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Cassette & VHS video tapes
- CD & DVD empty cases
Second Edition Resale Shop is a fundraiser for the Cedar Mill Community Library Association, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation dedicated to providing public library services. Tax ID #23-7438072.
Second Edition relies on volunteers to accept, process and sell donations. If possible, please bring donations on weekdays. Donation receipts are available.
Clean, new or gently used current styles of
- Clothing, shoes, accessories
- Household items
- Furniture, antiques
- Quality toys and games (complete)
For books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books on CD donations, see our Book & Media Donations.
Please take these donations to the Library’s check-out desk.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Torn, stained, wet, soiled or items with pet hair.
- Large exercise or sports equipment such as skis, boots, treadmills, stationary bikes
- Building materials such as doors, windows, door knobs, light fixtures, carpet, etc.
- Automotive supplies, including parts, tires, and chains
- Mattresses and box springs, hide-a-beds, hollywood bed frames, used bed pillows
- Window coverings, blinds, curtains and curtain rods
- Large appliances including window air conditioners and air filters
- Car seats, infant swings, cribs, high chairs, port-a-cribs, bouncy seats
- Hazardous chemicals and flammable products such as fertilizer, cleaning solutions, and paint
- Canning jars
- Televisions more than 5 years old
- Electronics such as computers, monitors, printers, fax machines, VHS tapes
- VHS Tapes (Adults & Children)
For additional information, please contact shop manager during store hours at: (503) 644-6395