Book and media donations are accepted during library open hours at the Circulation Desk inside the library.
We Accept New or Gently Used:
- Books – fiction & nonfiction
- Audio Books
- Video Games
- Board Games with all pieces
- Donation receipts available for tax purposes.
- Donations subject to approval.
- Book sale coordinator will determine the best use of items. Donated materials may be placed in circulation or sold to raise money for library operations.
- Due to space limitations, if you have a large quantity to donate please call our book sale coordinator at EXT. 116.
We Cannot Accept:
- Damaged, torn, soiled or mildewed items
- Books with writing, highlighting or underlining
- Travel guides older than two (2) years
- Textbooks older than five (5) years
- Encyclopedias or yearbooks
- Computer and programming manuals
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Cassette & VHS video tapes
- CD & DVD empty cases
Second Edition Resale Shop is a fundraiser for the Cedar Mill Community Libraries Association, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation dedicated to providing public library services. Tax ID #23-7438072.
Second Edition Resale accepts donations during regular business hours. Donation receipts are available.
Clean, new or gently used current styles of
- Clothing, shoes, accessories
- Household items
- Furniture, antiques
- Quality toys and games (complete)
For books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books on CD donations, see our Book & Media Donations.
Please take these donations to the Library’s check-out desk.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Torn, stained, wet, soiled or items with pet hair.
- Large exercise or sports equipment such as skis, boots, treadmills, stationary bikes
- Building materials such as doors, windows, door knobs, light fixtures, carpet, etc.
- Automotive supplies, including parts, tires, and chains
- Mattresses and box springs, hide-a-beds, hollywood bed frames, used bed pillows
- Window coverings, blinds, curtains and curtain rods
- Large appliances including window air conditioners and air filters
- Car seats, infant swings, cribs, high chairs, port-a-cribs, bouncy seats
- Hazardous chemicals and flammable products such as fertilizer, cleaning solutions, and paint
- Canning jars
- Televisions more than 5 years old
- Electronics such as computers, monitors, printers, fax machines, VHS tapes
- VHS Tapes (Adults & Children)
For additional information, please contact shop manager during store hours at: (503) 644-6395