Book Donations accepted by appointment only.
As of August 31, 2020
We Accept New or Gently Used:
- Audio Books on CD
- Music CDs
- Video Games
- Board Games with all pieces
How to Donate:
Contact our Book Sale Coordinator to make an appointment to drop off gently used books and media.
Call (503) 644-0043 ext 116 or email email@example.com.
Items may be placed in circulation or sold in the libraries’ Used Book Sale. All proceeds benefit library operations. Donation receipts available.
We Cannot Accept:
- Damaged, torn, soiled or mildewed items
- Books with writing, highlighting or underlining
- Travel guides older than two (2) years
- Textbooks older than five (5) years
- Encyclopedias or yearbooks
- Computer and programming manuals older than five (5) years
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Cassette & VHS video tapes
- CD & DVD empty cases
Donations accepted on Wednesdays only, from 10 am to 1 pm, weather permitting and until bins are at capacity. Thank you for your support!
Updated September 9, 2020
Second Edition Resale Shop is a fundraiser for the Cedar Mill Community Libraries Association, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation dedicated to providing public library services. Your donations support every aspect of the library’s operations and programs. Tax ID #23-7438072.
Items We Accept:
- Clothing: Women’s, men’s, children’s, baby.
- Shoes and bags: Women’s, men’s, children’s.
- Jewelry: Fine and costume.
- Housewares: Utilitarian and decorative.
- Small furniture pieces, antiques and vintage items in good condition.
- Toys and games in good condition; must have all parts.
- Linens, decorative pillows, sheet sets.
For books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books on CD donations, and games see our Book & Media Donations.
Items We Cannot Accept:
- Soiled, torn, ripped, stained, moth- or rodent-eaten, or pet hair-covered clothing.
- Wedding and prom dresses; men’s suits.
- Chipped or cracked (glassware and china), broken or stained household items
- Furniture, new, vintage or antique which needs repair.
- Toy or game sets which are missing parts or pieces.
- Large exercise equipment.
- Building materials, door knobs, light fixtures, etc.
- Automotive parts including tires and hub caps.
- Mattresses, box springs, futons, bed frames, used bed pillows and mattress pads.
- Window coverings, blinds, shades, drapes and rods.
- Large appliances, including refrigerators, stoves, dryers, washers, freezers, etc.
- Baby equipment including but not limited to: car seats, swings, cribs, high chairs, port-a-cribs, walkers, bouncy seats, strollers/perambulators, jumpers, play pens, backpacks.
- Helmets of any kind: bike, lacrosse, football, skating, rock climbing, motorcycle, etc.
- Cleated sports shoes: baseball, football, soccer, etc.
- Hazardous chemicals/flammable chemicals/paint.
- Older technology: analog TVs, desktop computers, monitors, printers, fax, VHS tapes, cassettes.