Looking for a meaningful gift? When you make a Tribute Gift to the libraries in the name of someone special, a book plate featuring your tribute’s name is placed in a new library item. Your library book plates will journey through the hands of library patrons for years to come.
Your Tribute Gift:
- Celebrates someone you care about
- Supports your nonprofit libraries
- Gives the gift of knowledge to members of your community
When making your Tribute Gift online or using a Tribute Gift form in the library, you’ll include:
- Choice of book plate language:
- In Honor of …
- In Memory of …
- Purchased with funds donated by …
- Tribute’s name as you would like it to appear on the plate.
- Mailing address that you would like a gift notification sent to. (Donation amount will not be included.)
Your name and your tribute’s name will be listed in Library News, the libraries’ quarterly print newsletter. To make your gift anonymously, please use the Gift Recognition field when submitting your donation.
Donations can be made by an individual, a group, or a company.
You will receive a receipt via mail. Donations made on our website also receive an email receipt.FAQ
- Q: Do I have to have my tribute’s address? A: No.
- Q: Can I pay tribute to a public or historical figure? A: Yes!
- Q: How many books and books plates will my donation buy? A: Library book cost averages about $50. Library books are hard-bound to withstand years of circulation. We will purchase as many new books as we can with your donation and place a book plate in each one.
- Q: Does my tribute have to be a person? A: No. Book plates can also be dedicated to concepts. Example: “In honor of World Peace.”
Make your gift and order your library book plate here.
Questions? Contact CMLdevelopment@wccls.org or (503) 644-0043 x121.