The library is now accepting applications for a Youth Services Library Assistant to work at the Cedar Mill Library location with the Bookshare program. Bookshare is an outreach program bringing library services to child care providers and the children in their care.
This position is 40 hours per week, typically spread over 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. This position assists in the delivery of book boxes requiring a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications reviewed as submitted. Position open until filled. Planning an August 1 start date.
Please answer the following 3 questions in your submission:
- Describe your experience working with volunteers; particularly in the area of training.
- Describe your experience working with a team as a member and/or leader.
- What is the purpose of outreach? How does the child care community receiving library services benefit?
Please begin the subject line of your email with Youth Services Library Assistant: Bookshare
- Hiring range starts at $3,120 per month
- Insurance –library pays full premium for employee. Kaiser- medical, dental and vision. Life Insurance, Disability
- 403(b) Retirement plan employer contributes after 1 year, but employee may participate sooner (not PERS)
- Flexible spending plan for health expenses and dependent care reimbursement
- PTO, Sick leave, EAP