Q: Can I donate my birthday to the libraries?
Birthday fundraisers are catching on with people of all ages. Here’s how it works:
- Ask your well-wishers to donate to the libraries in your honor instead of buying gifts.
- When the libraries receive these Tribute Donations, we purchase new books or other items.
- We then place a Book Plate bearing your name in each item.
There are lots of ways to hold a birthday fundraiser:
- Create a fundraiser on social media where your friends, family and followers can donate within the app.
- Email your well-wishers a link to our Tribute Donation page
- Ask your birthday buddies to mail in or drop off a check along with a note about your birthday.
It doesn’t have to be your birthday for you to run a fundraiser for your favorite community libraries! Garage sales and Ebay auctions are popular and have added benefits of recycling possessions. Of course, lemonade stands are a favorite way for parents to teach their children the importance of making an effort to give back to their community.
Learn more about fundraisers here.
Feel free to contact the libraries’ Development Department with questions at:
(503) 644-0043 ext. 121