Join us at the 45th Annual Cedar Mill and Bethany Community Libraries Association Meeting.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
- Learn what’s happening at the libraries and Second Edition Resale
- Find out how the libraries have provided services during the Covid pandemic.
- Learn how you can get involved in your community libraries.
Become a member by making an annual gift here.
Association members will receive an email containing a Zoom meeting link before October 20.
To request a link to the meeting, update your email address, or ask questions about membership, email CMLdevelopment@wccls.org or call (503) 644-0043 x121
Interested in becoming a Member of the CMBCLA Board of Directors?
Join the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries Association Board of Directors.
Be an Ambassador for Library Services in Your Community. By serving on the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries Board of Directors you will:
- Make community access to vital resources and programs possible
- Ensure library development, transparency and accountability
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience
- Impact the future of literacy in Washington County and beyond
The 11 volunteer members of the Board of Directors are responsible for overseeing the financial and operational performance of the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries Association (CMBCLA). Three seats will become available this fall.
Qualifications: Board members must be current members of CMBCLA, and must be willing to devote time and effort to Board responsibilities, including fundraising efforts, attendance at library events, and cultivating community contacts. Prospective board members are strongly encouraged to attend a monthly board meeting as an audience member in advance of applying for a board position.
Commitment: Three-year term beginning in October 2020.
Board member responsibilities include
- establishing policies, guidelines and limits
- developing long-range plans
- maintaining a sound financial base and legal accountability for the Association
- financial contributions to the library within personal capabilities
- acting as an ambassador for the library, building relationships with family, social, business and community contacts
- Become a member of the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries Association (CMBCLA).
- Apply to become a volunteer and note your interest in serving on the board. Current volunteers may contact CMBCL Executive Director, Peter Leonard, at email@example.com or (503) 644-0043 x110 to be added to the list of potential board members.
Election to be held during the Annual Meeting on October 20 at 7:00 PM on Zoom. Terms running to October 2023.
“Reading and education have always been important to me. Growing up in a small rural community instilled in me a love of libraries and the impact they could bring to a small child. Reading and access to books empower thought, dreaming and visions of what could be. When an opportunity to become a CMBCLA board member presented itself to me, I felt an obligation to serve an institution that supported these beliefs. Serving on this board has enriched my life by expanding my knowledge of all the services & outreach programs the library offers and providing me an opportunity to be part of a growing integral aspect of the community.” —Jeanne Gustavson, Board Member since 2017
“Being on the CMBCLA Board gives me a chance to give back to an organization which I have enjoyed for 40 years. I get to work with a lot of dedicated, interesting people, all focused on improving our library. Our libraries continue to be community spaces that do a great job encouraging early reading and a love of learning.” James Moreland, Board Member since 2017