Like everything else in 2020, trick or treating is different this year. This gives families a chance to get creative and invent some new fall traditions! It’s also a great opportunity to show a positive spirit and model flexibility because if you’re excited and having fun, your kids will have fun, too.
Here’s a few suggestions about having fun and staying safe (Healthychildren.org)
- Use video chat to share costumes or have a virtual costume party
- Have a family spooky movie night
- Make Halloween themed treats
- Have a candy scavenger hunt in a safe place
- If you do go out to trick-or-treat, maintain the six feet guidelines and make a Covid safe mask part of your child’s costume.
Watch the video below for more ideas in celebrating safely with your kids.
You can also visit Washington County’s Halloween page for ways to safely enjoy fall activities in our area.