Cedar Mill Main Library has laptops and other coding tools set out for kids ages 10-18 most Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 PM. Coding Club is an opportunity for kids to learn through collaboration, experience and play. Learn to program a Finch robot, explore Scratch, work with Snap circuits or the Makey Makey board-It’s up to YOU. No registration required at this time. Adults will be there to facilitate; in upstairs meeting room.
Does your child want to learn more about coding or inventing? These titles, written specifically for kids, will help them get started. Try Code.org for coding info and activities. Our library also loans Finch Robots, which are designed to help kids (8 and up) learn over a dozen programming languages. Check one out today!
- Python for Kids: A Playful Introduction to Programming by Jason R. Briggs
- Learn to Program with Scratch by Majed Marji
- Coding for Kids for Dummies by Camille McCue
- Coding Programs in Scratch by Jon Woodcock
- Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners by Warren Sande
- Kids Can Code Series by Patricia Harris
- Ruby Wizardry: an Introduction to Programming for Kids by Eric Weinsten
- Maker Kids Series by Maggie Murphy
- Makers as Innovators Series by Various Authors
- Code Power Series by Various Authors
- World of Robots Series by Kathryn Clay
- Robot Building for Teens by Behman Salemi