Math is more than counting! There are so many opportunities to support your preschooler’s math development throughout your day.
• Noticing shapes “The orange is round like the ball.”
• Understanding directional words (up/down, under, behind)
• Noticing size relationships “Which pile of crackers is bigger?”
• Recognizing patterns “Clap, clap, stomp!” or Red, red, blue.”
• Follow and describe a simple sequence of events. “First we put on our shoes, then we put on our coats, then we can leave to go to the park.”
• Understand probability (possible, impossible, certain, uncertain, maybe) “It’s possible that it could snow on Halloween, but nearly impossible that it would snow in summer.”