Need internet at home? Everyoneon.org allows you to find low-cost internet and affordable computers. You can also
Find tools and guides for financial fitness from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, including info on fraud, debt collections, and emergencies.
Check out Explore to discover the world through live cams and videos. Explore has a growing library of over 250 films and 30,000 photos from around the world. Many videos have fact sheets and social forums. Plus they have lesson plans for educators.
For book nerds check out these fantastic resources:
- The Archive Project Podcast – Literary Arts’ collection of recordings from their Portland Arts & Lectures series, the Portland Book Festival, and other community events.
- Poetry Foundation’s Poem Database – Explore and discover poems, includes audio recordings, curated collections. Plus the site includes learning components geared for all ages to delve into the world of poetry
For classical music lovers, Chamber Music Northwest is offering free virtual concerts throughout the summer on Monday, Thursday and Saturday evenings. Get the full schedule and take in the delightful sounds at cmnw.orghttps://cmnw.org/.
Studying for the PSAT or SAT, questions about college, head to CollegeBoard for free tests and other resources.
Go further with coding:
- Khan Academy – always free online courses covering math, science, art, computing, test prep, and more.
- Codecademy Pro – thousands of hours of free courses and projects to learn programming and data science (note: requires a valid school email address for registration).
High school students can get free access to the New York Times and The Learning Network, requires a teacher to sign up and invite students. Find details for the program at High School Access.
For Children and Families
Find family friendly virtual events: Red Tricycle Events
For hungry bookworms, find storytimes to fill in the day:
- The Oregon Symphony brings together music and storytelling in their series Symphony Storytime, available in both English and Spanish.
- Story Online – The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- Save With Stories, in partnership with Save the Children and No Kid Hungry, is offering stories on Instagram and Facebook, both at @savewithstories.
- Operation Storytime – Search the hashtag #OperationStoryTime on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to find authors, illustrators and others sharing story time with children.
Learning Opportunities and Activities: