When you receive notice that holds are available for you to pickup, request an appointment as described below. Please make an appointment only if your holds are ready, or your appointment will be canceled and you will need to reschedule.
- We are accepting returns during holds pickup hours. Our book drop remains closed at this time.
- Please bring your own bag if you prefer a bag to carry your items.
- For Bethany patrons, if you need accommodations for outdoor pickup, please contact us at (503) 617-7323.
Holds Pickup & Returns Hours
Cedar Mill Library
M – Sa 10am – 1pm
T, W & F 3pm – 6 pm
T –Sa 10am – 1pm
T, W & F 3pm – 6pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
- Select your pickup location, click the link, and select a pickup date and time from the options available. Don’t see an open appointment? Scroll down for later dates. We offer appointments up to 7 days in advance.
– Cedar Mill Library: https://bit.ly/CMLholds
– Bethany Library: https://bit.ly/CMLBholds
- If you are picking up holds for other library card users, please make a separate reservation for each account.
- Appointment windows are 30 minutes long in order to limit lines and to maintain a 6 foot distance between everyone.
- Please wear a mask when picking up holds. Staff will be wearing masks for your protection.
- When you arrive, if you come by vehicle park first, then go to the table designated by your last name. If someone is already at the table, please stand in line 6 feet apart until the person in front of you leaves. Then, move forward.
- When at the table, look for your name on the holds tag. Your holds will be checked out to you before your scheduled pick up appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to wear a mask when picking up my holds?
Yes. Staff will also be wearing masks for your protection.
- Can I return items when I pick up my holds?
Yes, returns will be accepted during your contactless holds pickup appointment. All returns will be quarantined for 96 hours before check in and therefore returned items will show on your account for a few days upon return. Our book drops will continue to be closed.
- What if I miss my pickup window? Please contact the library to reschedule. We will keep items for 3 days before checking your items back in.
- How often can I pickup my holds? We are limiting holds pickup appointments to 1 time per week in order to serve all patrons.
- Can I request new items? New items can be requested in the online catalog at wccls.org. Not all libraries are open at this time. Therefore, hold requests on items at another location may experience delays in filling.
- Can I get assistance with a question? If you need account assistance, book recommendations, help with e-books, online databases or other services, please contact the library by phone or email.
- Can I pay a fine? You can pay fines online at wccls.org. We will not be accepting payments during holds pickup.
- Can I come into the library? The library building is still closed to the public at this time following health authority guidelines. Check out all the library has to offer online anytime!