Guidelines for Books & Media | Housewares, Clothes, and Other Items
Items we cannot accept …
- Damaged, torn, soiled or mildewed items
- Textbooks older than five (5) years
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Computer manuals, including programming, computer languages, etc.
- Travel guides older than five (5) years
- Encyclopedias or yearbooks
- Books with highlighting or underlining
- All music & spoken word cassettes
- VHS video tapes (adult and children)
- Bootleg or copied recordings
- CD & DVD empty cases
We DO accept …
- Audio Books on CD
- Music CDs
- Video Games
Our book & media sale coordinator will determine the best use of these items. They may be placed in circulation for others to enjoy or sold to raise money for library operation.
Donation receipts are available for tax purposes. Donations accepted during library open hours.
Clean, new or gently used current styles of
- Clothing, shoes, accessories
- Household items
- Furniture, antiques, vintage items
- Quality toys and games (complete)
For books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books on CD donations, see our Book & Media Donations.
Please take these donations to the Library’s check-out desk.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Torn, stained, wet, soiled or items with pet hair.
- Large exercise equipment
- Building materials, door knobs, light fixtures
- Automotive parts, including tires, hubcaps
- Mattresses, box springs, futons, used bed pillows
- Window coverings, blinds, shades, drapes/rods
- Large appliances-refrigerators, washer, dryers
- Car seats, infant swings, cribs, high chairs, port-a-cribs, bouncy seats, strollers
- Hazardous chemicals and flammable products such as fertilizer, cleaning solutions, paint
- Analog or floor model TVs, desk top computers, monitors, printers, fax machines
- VHS Tapes (Adults & Children)
- Hangers of any type
For additional information, please contact shop manager during store hours at: (503) 644-6395