Books & Media
Donations are accepted at both library locations for use in library collections or in book sales that benefit the libraries.
We Accept New or Gently Used:
- Books – fiction & nonfiction
- Audio Books
- Video Games
- Board Games with all pieces
We Cannot Accept:
- Damaged, torn, soiled or mildewed items
- Books with writing, highlighting or underlining
- Travel guides older than two (2) years
- Textbooks older than five (5) years
- Encyclopedias or yearbooks
- Computer and programming manuals
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Cassette & VHS video tapes
- CD & DVD empty cases
- Donations accepted anytime library is open.
- Donation receipts available for tax purposes.
- Donations subject to approval.
- Book sale coordinator will determine the best use of items. Donated materials may be placed in circulation or sold to raise money for library operations.
- Due to space limitations, please call our book sale coordinator at EXT. 116 if you have a large quantity to donate.
Clean, new or gently used current styles of
- Clothing, shoes, accessories
- Household items
- Furniture, antiques, vintage items
- Quality toys and games (complete)
For books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books on CD donations, see our Book & Media Donations.
Please take these donations to the Library’s check-out desk.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Torn, stained, wet, soiled or items with pet hair.
- Large exercise equipment
- Building materials, door knobs, light fixtures
- Automotive parts, including tires, hubcaps
- Mattresses, box springs, futons, used bed pillows
- Window coverings, blinds, shades, drapes/rods
- Large appliances-refrigerators, washer, dryers
- Car seats, infant swings, cribs, high chairs, port-a-cribs, bouncy seats, strollers
- Hazardous chemicals and flammable products such as fertilizer, cleaning solutions, paint
- Analog or floor model TVs, desk top computers, monitors, printers, fax machines
- VHS Tapes (Adults & Children)
- Hangers of any type
For additional information, please contact shop manager during store hours at: (503) 644-6395