“…I discovered the interlibrary loan, which means that if your library doesn’t have the book, they will find it for you. And that was power!” – Neil Gaiman
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows Cedar Mill and Bethany patrons to obtain materials not available through Washington County libraries. We borrow from libraries all over the United States. We reciprocate by lending our materials to libraries outside of the Washington County Library System.
Please note: There is a limit of five active requests per person. Items currently checked out to you do not count toward the limit of five.
To Request an item…
- Search WorldCat and submit your request directly, or
- Submit using the form below, or
- Ask a reference staff member in the library or by phone 503-644-0043 x114.
Frequently Asked Questions
A lending library can request the immediate return of its material at any time.
Renewals are not guaranteed. We do not know if a renewal will be granted or denied until after it is requested. Be prepared to return the item on short notice. ILL items cannot be renewed from your online account. To renew, do one of the following:
- Call the Adult Services Desk: 503-644-0043 x114
- Visit the Adult Service Desk in the library
- Call the ILL Office: 503-644-0043 x133
- Email the ILL Office: CML-ILL@wccls.org
- Submit request via online form below:
- Check your account online. A request with the status Received is available for pickup.
- Email: CML-ILL@wccls.org
- Call the ILL office: 503 644-0043 x133
Please remember, items generally take 2 to 6 weeks to arrive.
It is not possible to borrow items owned by WCCLS unless the item is in in-repair, lost, missing, unavailable or withdrawn status for two or more weeks.
It is not possible to borrow items published within the last six months. However, you can submit a Purchase Suggestion instead.
Your account must be in good standing to request an item by ILL (fines under $10, no long overdue items).
If you must cancel a request, please contact the ILL office by phone or email: 503-644-0043 x133 or CML-ILL@wccls.org. Please do not cancel requests on your online account.
Please return items only to the library from which they were borrowed.