Tax Information at the Library
Where to go for information and assistance at tax time - updated 2/1/2014
Need to know what schedules you need to go with your 1040? See this list at the IRS site.
NOTE: This page is updated early each January with the latest links and access information for tax preparation. Questions? Ask a librarian.
Services available at the Library
- Online access to forms and publications from any public computer in the library (catalog, research, and internet workstations). Look for the "Tax Forms" link.
- Printing for 10 cents per page; deposit funds to your library card account or pay at the reference desk.
- Circulating copies of the three most popular publications (including Your Federal Income Tax (Pub 17), Instructions for the 1040 and 1040A, and Oregon's Publication 17 1/2). These will be handled as “Bestsellers” – 2 week checkout, no holds allowed.
Look for them on the Bestseller carts at the library.
- Tax preparation books for check out or quick reference
Services available elsewhere (but not at CMCL)
- Printed forms or AARP Tax Help - see WCCLS' Tax Help page
- To receive U.S. tax forms by mail, place an order online or call 1-800-829-3676. The IRS does not automatically mail tax forms to individuals. (More Info here). The government expects citizens to use web-based products and services for both state and federal tax filing if at all possible.
NOTE: We no longer have current TurboTax software available due to license restrictions that prevent library circulation.