Tax Information at the Library
Where to go for information and assistance at tax time - updated 1/15/2015
For 2015: Filing starts on January 20. Are your taxes affected by the Affordable Care Act? Get details here.
Looking for forms? Make sure to select ones updated in the 2014 Congress
More information about updates here.
Services available at the Library
- Online access to forms and publications from any public computer in the library (catalog, research, and internet workstations). Look for the "Tax Forms" link.
- Printing for 10 cents per page; deposit funds to your library card account or pay at the reference desk.
- Want to browse publications, but don't want to sit at a library computer?
At Cedar Mill Main Library only, borrow an iPad for in-house use. Ask at the Adult Reference Desk for assistance.
- Tax preparation books for check out or quick reference
Services available elsewhere (but not at CMCL)
- Printed forms or AARP Tax Help - see WCCLS' Tax Help page
- To receive U.S. tax forms by mail, place an order online or call 1-800-829-3676. The IRS does not automatically mail tax forms to individuals. (More Info here). The government expects citizens to use web-based products and services for both state and federal tax filing if at all possible.