40th Anniversary Events & Activities
As we move into our 40th year of library service to Washington County, we're celebrating in many ways. Join us! Read more about how YOU can participate...
Sat., Sept. 20 - 40th Anniversary Celebration
Join the celebration this summer & fall:
- Enter our Artistic Bookend Contest. Open to all ages, prizes will be awarded. Enter Aug. 25 thru Sept. 5. Donated bookends will be auctioned Sept. 20.
- Share your personal library story.
- Display your 1970’s auto(s) on Sept. 20. Contact Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-644-0043 ext. 110.
- Donate clothing/accessories from the 1970's to use on a mannequin or live model. Please bring items to our Second Edition Resale Shop - be sure to leave the items with the store manager and let her know they are for the anniversary celebration.
- Purchase a 40th Anniversary book bag - $3 each at the library check-out desk.
- Listen to our latest Oral History Podcast - Lori Buffington.
Library History Project - Learn about the history of your library. The library’s digital and oral history preservation project preserves documents and memories from your community library’s four decades of service in Washington County. Special features of the program include:
- historic photographs
- library scrapbooks and newsletters
- oral histories recorded by the library’s founders
- Permanent digital archive:
Washington County History Online
Past Events & Activities:
Volunteer Appreciation Dinner - 40 Years of Service - April 9, 2014.
Star Wars Day - May 4, 2014.