Library services are provided at two convenient locations. The Cedar Mill main library is at Cornell and Saltzman. The Bethany branch is in the Bethany Village shopping center.
The libraries have combined collections of more than 245,000 items for all ages including: Books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, VHS, CD-ROMs, books on tape and CD, large print books, newspapers, downloadable audio books, online periodicals and reference books.
The libraries are members of WCCLS, the Washington County Cooperative Library Service which provides free access to the more than 1.3 million items found in Washington County public libraries. Read more about the history of the library and the Cedar Mill area here.
More high quality services available from the Cedar Mill Community Library Association:
- High speed Internet access
- Articles, reference books, and more available 24/7
- Answers to your questions on any subject
- Outstanding services for children and families
- Programs for adults
- Beginning computer training classes
- Outreach services to day care providers
- Early childhood literacy resources
- Daily courier service links all WCCLS Libraries
- Library card works in all WCCLS Libraries
- Return books at either location
- Volunteer opportunities
Located outside city boundaries, the library is operated by the Cedar Mill Community Library Association. The Cedar Mill Community Library is the largest 501(c)(3) non-profit public library west of the Mississippi. Circulating more than 2.5 million items each year, Cedar Mill ranks #5 in Oregon for circulation and is in the top 8 for program attendance and library visits.
The library depends on private support and our Second Edition Resale Shop to supplement WCCLS funding.